Allow Spotify only on guest wifi and not corporate wifi

Announcer
Getting noticed

Allow Spotify only on guest wifi and not corporate wifi

I want only devices on the guest wifi to access Spotify because this network is throttled.  I do not want Spotify open on the corporate wifi or corporate network as it's not throttled.  How would I do this?  I have one guest wifi, one corporate wifi, and corporate LAN

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can deny it on your Corp SSID and on you Guest SSID you can let it allowed. Very simple.

alemabrahao_0-1717526007989.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh, for your wired network you have to limit it via firewall, I don't know which firewall you have, but you have to work on it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is on the MX, just create a group policy and apply it to the VLAN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying...

Thanks, the corp ssid makes sense, yes.  If I create a group policy for the corporate VLAN, will it stop processing the firewall rules from the MX?

Yes, for the L3 and L7 rules will be used what you configured on the group policy.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels