All devices reporting as being wired to MS120-8LP instead of MX64W

SOLVED
danwestbrook
Conversationalist

All devices reporting as being wired to MS120-8LP instead of MX64W

I recently added a MS120-8LP to my setup, before I was just using the MX64W and since I've connected it to port 1 on the MX64w all my devices are reporting as being wired to the switch port in network-wide > clients even though some are on Wifi etc. 

If I check the Security Appliance all the devices report correctly and sit in the correct vlan etc. 

I have since tried to just make the switch use VLAN 3 and 192 for which I changed the settings for port 1 on MX64w but that still hasn't really helped. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug or some error in my configuration (most likely the later). 

Has anyone else had this problem or can suggest what might be wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Are you using a combined network? Adjust the dropdown to see clients from the point of view you're after.

image.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Are you using a combined network? Adjust the dropdown to see clients from the point of view you're after.

image.png

You sir are a genius, that seems to have fixed it. Out of interest why does the all view default show them as wired into the switch rather then the security appliance view and is there away to change it?

Thank you for pointing this out.

I have no idea why Meraki does a lot of the things the way they do them 😉

I suspect this has a history somewhere in the evolution of networks in that originally there were no "combined" networks and each device type was standalone. When they created combined networks stuff like the clients page had to show some point of view...  And indeed some of it shows all points of view simultaneously (like the traffic graph).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels