Advertise WAN Subnet

Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Advertise WAN Subnet

Hi,

I’m looking for advice on an issue we're encountering after migrating one of our sites to Meraki SD-WAN. We have both an MPLS link and an Internet link at this network, and we can not have multiple VLANs on the WAN router. The internet router includes an embedded NAS that is currently only accessible by users on the local LAN.

Our goal is to allow all networks and users across the organization, including remote users (VPN AnyConnect), to access this NAS. Has anyone had success with advertising the WAN subnet to the AutoVPN domain, or found an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm, tough one.

Unplug the Internet from your NAS and plug it directly into the MX.  The NAS will now only be a NAS and nothing else.

Plug the NAS and MPLS circuit into the LAN.

Make the MX the default gateway for all clients.

Configure static routes on the NAS and the MX for remote subnets via the MPLS router.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this solution is not applicable in my situation, as the NAS is embedded within the internet router, which means it cannot be unplugged 😞 

Only unplug its WAN connection.  Leave its LAN connection plugged in so you cna access the NAS.

MartinLL
Getting noticed

Not possible to my knowledge. Also you would run into issues with recursive routing.

Were i you i would look into moving this NAS to another service like cloud or maybe a synology NAS that you connect to the LAN instead. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels