Accessing the WAN link that is down

goggel
Here to help

Accessing the WAN link that is down

Hi

I have an MX65 where I have a dual WAN link. On my primary uplink I have a router that is not accesible from the outside world. The WAN link is only up un my secondary connection, is there any way of connecting to the router on my primary uplink? The router I'm trying to reach is on 192.168.1.1 so it is a private address. The WAN interface of that again is behind a NAT solution from my ISP.

Networks and Rants

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
10 REPLIES 10
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Where are you trying to access the router from: a local subnet on the MX or remotely?

From a server located locally on the MX

Networks and Rants

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Then you should be able to access the router. The MX would be the default gateway to your client and once the packet is there the MX should be forwarding it out to the router.

Sadly it does not for some reason. It does not reply to ping or HTTPS. If I add the IP as a tracked IP in Meraki it responds, so it is very much alive.

Networks and Rants

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configure that subnet to only go out WAN1 in flow preferences.

Didnt work. I think Flow Preferences are only valid if the link is Active or Ready.

Networks and Rants

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So the WAN link you are trying to access is down and you cannot connect to the router? My guess is the router has fallen over.

I have connection on the port (green light)

I can ping the router using the Uplink statistics function

The WAN side of the router is down but as said the LAN side is up since I can ping it using uplink statistics. i just need to reach the router to change a setting to get it online again.

Networks and Rants

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I assume you are trying to do this remotely and can't plug directly into this router? If possible you might try getting it plugged in to the other router and then access it temporarily via the other uplink, but that kind of depends on your setup.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes I'm trying to do it remotely. The issue is that the 2 routers are on 2 different locations and the router that I'm using atm is not under my control so it's an impossible solution for me 😞

Thanks for the suggestion!

Networks and Rants

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels