AWS Direct Connect + Meraki BGP

mmeck
Here to help

AWS Direct Connect + Meraki BGP

Hi,

Our ISP has recently provided us with a L2 AWS Direct Connect connection. We are required to configure the BGP side of things to get this link operational.

Is the BETA BGP Meraki implementation stable?

Has anyone configured a AWS Direct Connect connection using their Meraki? Was it fairly straight forward?

Cheers, M

5 REPLIES 5
Welles
Building a reputation

Curious: What size of AWS DX are you doing? 

@Welles - Just a 100MB

Further to my original question - If I was to have 2 WAN interfaces will this be configured for:

1. Both interfaces?

2. WAN 1?

3. Select which interface you want?

John_R_Gudmann
Here to help

Hi.

We have recently install or added a vMX100 to our AWS VPC. It was straightforward as long as you remember to use the token within 1 hour 🙂 "Read the documentation if you don't know better" :-).

There are some limitation on what you can do but it was not a showstopper in our case.

I have only hear rumours regarding Meraki will start supporting BGP features . That will be great since that will mean we can get a fully HA setup towards AWS instead of this single point of failure. So good look.

Best Regard

John

jphamwd
Here to help

Were you able to get AWS DX implemented?  If so, what does your topology look like and what has your experience with it been like so far?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels