5G SIM with MX68CW-WW appliance

AnotherRon
New here

5G SIM with MX68CW-WW appliance

Hi All,

I am trying to install the above appliance with a 5G capable SIM with the help of remote hands. I have no physical access to the appliance. The appliance network was created on the dashboard, SIM was installed and the appliance was powered up.

The installation was doing fine, going through the process of connecting to the dashboard, downloading the latest firmware, but  after the reboot, no response from the appliance.

My remote hands help was able to connect to the local setup page of the appliance an the SIM and the cellular status page reports missing SIM. I can't find any fault with the SIM, it works on a phone, and worked fine on the appliance until after firmware upgrade reboot. Reset to factory settings had no effect.

Am I doing something wrong?

3 Replies 3
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Did you raise this with Meraki Support?   I'm a bit surprised it worked previously, TBH:   MXs with built-in cell don't support 5G

Thanks for the response, I haven't raised a case with Meraki yet, I wanted to try the forum first.

If 5G is unsupported, surely the SIM should fall back to 4G like it does on a phone?

I think you're right. I just confirmed with the the remote hands support, he had the appliance connected to his home router for the initial firmware upgrade, so the 5G SIM has probably never worked. I never knew that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels