3g 4g failover USB modem supported in India

Alex_Rauch
New here

3g 4g failover USB modem supported in India

Hello community,

I wanted to ask if somebody has experience with 3G 4G failover via USB in India. We have tested a couple of devices, but none of them are recognized. The ones which are supported (mostly from Huawei) were not available or we couldn't get them so far in country. I'm trying now to get a Skyus DS, but wanted to ask if somebody has found maybe an available USB modem in India. Would be good to know which Provider you have as well. We have contracts with Airtel, Reliance, Tata or BSNL, so almost every provider is possible.

Appreciate any experience you can share.

Thank you

Alex

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Avoid using the USB 4G devices - they are a pain.

Get a "hotspot" style device, one with Ethernet ports.  Then just plug the second MX WAN port into the Ethernet port on this device.

Your life will be much simpler if you do it this way.

Screasey
Here to help

Alex,

What type of primary circuit are you using for the MX device? Do your tunnels terminate back into the U.S.? I am asking becuase I am getting ready to build a new call center in India and I am interested in experiences others have had with the MX devices operating in India.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels