3G/4G Cellular Failover with USB Modems

DCC
Conversationalist

3G/4G Cellular Failover with USB Modems

Has anyone installed a 4G LTE USB modem on an MX device? I know there is a modems compatibility document but as I need to buy one for testing, I would like to know one that is already tested for Mexico

Dan Cortez
2 Replies 2
cwf
Getting noticed

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@DCC wrote:

Has anyone installed a 4G LTE USB modem on an MX device? I know there is a modems compatibility document but as I need to buy one for testing, I would like to know one that is already tested for Mexico

Any USB modem/router device must not only be compatible with the MX, but it must also be compatible with the MNO (or the MNO used by the respective vMNOs) in Mexico.

I would first look at the web sites of the MNOs

• Telcel
  • Movistar
  • AT&T Mexico

to see their various mobile modem/router/hotspot offerings. There are frequency differences between the operators. There are also 5G devices currently available.

If you are an AT&T customer, you may have another option - to use the Meraki Cloud Managed Cellular Product. The MG21 or MG21E would be a great solution if you intend managing these centrally.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels