2 Non-Meraki VPN routing

klebsonmateus
Just browsing

2 Non-Meraki VPN routing

Hello everyone, I'm new in the Meraki world I apologise for any dumb question.

I have this topology in my company:

2022-08-22 17_51_17.jpg

We use a MX68 in our office and from both Office and Meraki Client VPN I can reach all Non-Meraki Peers, but I'm not able to reach a Non-Meraki peer from another Non-Meraki peer.

For example:

I have set up a Non-Meraki Peer in my home(Peer C), i can reach everything that is in the office but I can't reach some servers in the Non-Meraki Peer B.

Is there a way to make it work?

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That would require hair-pinning.  I don't know for a fact, but I doubt it will work.

For it to work, both non-Meraki peers would have to have in their encryption domain everything that was also present in the other non-Meraki peer encryption domain.  The config would get pretty yucky pretty quickly.

LarsDalgaard
Comes here often

I too have the same setup and question.

I have created a case with meraki support, but have yet to get a reply.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is so much work to try and make a configuration do that - I wouldn't even go there.

Thanks for helping Philip, do you have any suggestion for me to change something in this topology and make this work?

Communication between two Non-Meraki VPN Peers cannot be achieved through Meraki VPN. Because you cant send the Non-Meraki VPN Peer A subnet to Non-Meraki VPN Peer B subnet from Meraki devices as a  local subnet. 

You have to configure a direct VPN tunnel between two Non-Meraki VPN Peers to establish their communication.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels