2 MX67 unit with Sonic wall issue in configuring VPN tunnel

Solved
AYEN
Here to help

2 MX67 unit with Sonic wall issue in configuring VPN tunnel

First I was configured MX67 as branch and Sonic wall as HQ with non meraki VPN tunnel this configuration was successful, but when I add new VPN connection using same model MX67 on the other branch I encountered error in configuration. The issue was appeared when I'm adding new connection. Conflict on IP subnet from both branches.

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In short, you have to enter the destination network (the network you want to reach on the other side) without summarizing.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

By the sound of it, the subnets in the configuration of your two non-meraki VPN tunnels are overlapping.

Double check whether you've made a config error in the tunnel configuration. Otherwise, if the two different sites actually do have overlapping subnets, you wont be able to add them both to the tunnels.

AYEN
Here to help

Thank you for your response, what should I check, the IP subnet on Sonic wall or IP subnet on Meraki MX? The IP subnet on Sonic wall where 2 MX connected is 192.168.0.0/24 and the IP of MX branch 1 is 192.168.2.0/24 and MX 2 branch is 192.168.3.0/24. On non-meraki VPN configuration in site to site I put private IP since 192.168.0.0/24 is the IP where sonic wall have?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Summarizing this way will overlap with the MX network, declaring the specific networks on the Sonicwall side.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In short, you have to enter the destination network (the network you want to reach on the other side) without summarizing.

Sir thank you because I confirmed the overlapping on IP subnet that I put on private subnet on configuration on Meraki MX site to site, because when I saved the configuration with different subnet the saving is successful but on sonic wall side they're using only one IP subnet which is 192.168.0.0/24. Is there any other config on Meraki Site to site VPN that I need to configure? Right now both MX are in Hub config. Or I have to configure on sonic wall side? Thank you in advance

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels