18.107 - 18.107.2 AUTOVPN drops on MX250 in HA configuration

jrworley
Here to help

18.107 - 18.107.2 AUTOVPN drops on MX250 in HA configuration

Hello,

We have a particular issue since with Firmware 18.107 - 18.107.2 .    We have several locations with MX 250 HA pairs and one with MX100 HA pairs all sites have diverse circuits and use a breakout switch (an entirely different issue I will start another thread about).   We run DHCP on the MX's in our environment.    Anytime, ANY change is made in the DHCP dashboard it breaks Autovpn until a reboot happens.  

Changes that have broke it sofar:

Adding a backup DNS server to the server list

Changing Lease time from 24hr to 1wk

Adding a reservation.   

Is there a solution coming for this?  Rebooting the equipment every time the smallest change needs to be made isn't a solution. 

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

yes,  they say 18.107.2 is the fix... however it has the same known issues in the release notes about autovpn

If you're referring to this comment in the release notes "AutoVPN tunnels may briefly drop and re-establish after configuration or WAN connectivity changes if 1) the MX is configured in high availability (HA) mode and 2) both AutoVPN peers are running MX 18" it's supposed to be fixed in 18.107.6 and 18.205.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels