Secure Connect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway

Howard332
New here

Secure Connect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway

my laptop can connect to secure connect by using the "Auto Select Nearest Location" but it cannot if choosing the specified secure gateway. 

2 error messages prompt up but 1 is just telling me it fails to connect. The other one I tried to google but no clue. It is
"The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt. A new connection attempt to the same or another secure gateway is needed, which requires re-authentication. The Following message was received from the secure gateway: Session Retrieval failed"

I am sure it's not dhcp pool issue, so anyone has idea?

3 Replies 3
Gary_Geihsler1
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would contact support as that is not expected behavior. The "Auto Select Nearest" in reality just queries the server addresses and chooses the best one so choosing the DC individually should work sicne that is what is happening anyway. Do you have a need to connect to a specific DC?

this is just a finding during the test. I would say, there is no need to connect a specific DC, but wonder what is the problem that coz this issue and any other potential problem that haven't notice yet. That's my concern. 

I would contact support to diagnose the issue. There is the chance that when you tried to connect to a specific DC it was down for maintenance, periodically updates are done that might take a DC out for a short period of time. This is the reason the auto select is there to connects users to the best DC at that point in time. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.