Secure Connect POC / Evaluation / Portal

Solved
Dazza_wifi
Comes here often

Secure Connect POC / Evaluation / Portal

Hello

Trying to get a feel for proving evaluations for clients looking at SC for business.

Is there an actual portal for Secure Connect aside from the MX portal integration?

Thanks in advance.

Darren Sinden
1 Accepted Solution

It would be good if trial licences and NFR licences were available (they are not).

Also a special warning - if you are quoting this up for a customer with an existing Umbrella portal it is cruical that you get Cisco to tie the quote to the customers existing Umbrella org - at that stage.  It can not be fixed at order time.

Otherwise a brand new Umbrella org gets spun up and you'll have to go through the whole licence migration process to get it moved from the new org to the actual org being used.

It is really painfull getting SecureConnect correctly quoted and ordered and deployed for existing Umbrella customers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Gary_Geihsler1
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Secure Connect is managed in the Meraki dashboard. partners have access to the Secure Connect v2 instant Demo in dcloud. There are other resources available to partners on SalesConnect. Do these satisfy what you are looking for?

It would be good if trial licences and NFR licences were available (they are not).

Also a special warning - if you are quoting this up for a customer with an existing Umbrella portal it is cruical that you get Cisco to tie the quote to the customers existing Umbrella org - at that stage.  It can not be fixed at order time.

Otherwise a brand new Umbrella org gets spun up and you'll have to go through the whole licence migration process to get it moved from the new org to the actual org being used.

It is really painfull getting SecureConnect correctly quoted and ordered and deployed for existing Umbrella customers.

Trials of Secure Connect are available for customers, currently only Cisco employees can initiate a trial. Partner initiated trials are being worked on. 

NFR purchases for partners are available for internal/lab use. 

For quoting with customers that already have Umbrella, you should follow the partner facing ordering guide. You would create a change/modify quote in CCW and the existing Umbrella org is automatically provisioned at time of purchase. If you do not follow the change/modify process we can fix the issue but it takes extra work with your Cisco team. 

>Trials of Secure Connect are available for customers

I worked extensively with the team in my country - no one could find a way to start a trial.  Could you send me a message with the process for a Cisco employee to do this, as I would be interested in doing trials.  I will pass the process onto my local Cisco team.

>NFR purchases for partners are available for internal/lab use. 

Could you send me a message how to do this.  I spent 4 weeks trying to order NFR licences.  No one could find a process for being able to do this.  4 weeks!

Any Cisco Account Manager or Solutions Engineer can start a Secure Connect trial. The process is laid out on the internal version of the SalesConnect site. The document is titled "Requesting a Secure Connect Trial".

NFR is the same process as any other NFR product. https://salesconnect.cisco.com/sc/s/simple-media?vtui__mediaId=a1m8c00000niSNZAA2

>NFR is the same process as any other NFR product

That is the process I tried using.  It is not available for SecureConnect SKUs.  As in, the discount is 0%.

The process does work for NFR, we have dozens of partners with NFR licensing. Work with your Partner Account Manager if there are issues. 

Thanks Gary

So no trial or evaluation only simulated demonstrations for customers to see in a sandbox environment?

There are a few resources available on SC this is true but Im product management so drilling into lots of areas some of which dont touch sales or technical.

Darren Sinden
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.