Managing Secure Client

Solved
Bucket
Getting noticed

Managing Secure Client

Will it be possible to deploy and manage the Cisco + Secure connect secure client via Secure-X / XDR?

Is there anything special in the secure client installation file generated from the secure connect / Umbrella dashboard or can it be deployed by uploading the profile to Secure-X / XDR and then generating the installation file there? Is there any disadvantage?

1 Accepted Solution
Gary_Geihsler1
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The management of Secure Client in the context of Cisco+ Secure Connect can be done any of the ways you might manage the client. SecureX deployment works, MDM will work, manual distribution will work. 

One aspect that is unique is that every time a user does their authorization to Cisco+ Secure Connect the xml profile is updated and placed in the proper file structure. This allows the admin to make changes to the client configuration without having to do any sort of push to the end users. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe it will help you.

https://documentation.meraki.com/CiscoPlusSecureConnect/Cisco___Secure_Connect_Onboarding/Cisco__Sec...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I don't think that is related. The document describes SSO for the Meraki and Umbrella dashboard.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think that it's not the right community. Are you looking for something about Meraki?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I am asking about management and deployment of secure client, which is part of secure connect.This is the documentation from the Meraki page, but it leaves out some details.

https://documentation.meraki.com/CiscoPlusSecureConnect/Cisco__Secure_Connect_Now_Remote_Access

What I am curious about is whether secure client used for secure connect can (or shouldn't) be managed / deployed via Secure-X / XDR. Is there anything special about the installation file generated by Meraki and Umbrella or is it just the normal installer with a profile that can be used with any type deployment. When I read the documentation is sounds like I am able to deploy the secure client XML whatever way I want.

I find it hard to only talk about Meraki when talking about secure connect, when it seems to be a combination of Meraki, Umbrella and secure client.

Gary_Geihsler1
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The management of Secure Client in the context of Cisco+ Secure Connect can be done any of the ways you might manage the client. SecureX deployment works, MDM will work, manual distribution will work. 

One aspect that is unique is that every time a user does their authorization to Cisco+ Secure Connect the xml profile is updated and placed in the proper file structure. This allows the admin to make changes to the client configuration without having to do any sort of push to the end users. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.