WiFi 6?

mbaker33
Here to help

WiFi 6?

I know Meraki Go is a "budget solution" but it is also designed for small-scale public WiFi which, out of any WiFi implementation, would benefit from WiFi 6.  So, I am curious if there are any plans to release a WiFi 6 AP?  I know Meraki has them, albeit far more expensive than the current AP.  I am hoping this is something that is at least in the works to have a less feature-rich version of the Meraki MR36.

5 REPLIES 5
TooMuchWifi
Conversationalist

Meraki Go is a “budget” solution compared to licensed enterprise grade gear, but certainly isn’t cheap. A basic stack of a gateway, switch, 2 access points will run you more than a budget mesh system. That being said, GO getting trickle down features from Meraki enterprise is kinda why allot of people buy it, so +1 on the wifi 6.  Any idea when it is coming? 

watdee
Getting noticed

There still doesn't seem to be a wifi6 Go option yet. Hopefully they'll have a new model soon.

delfuego
Getting noticed

Bumping this back up. Wi-Fi 6 (6e or wave 2) is basically required for any new hardware purchases.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello everyone,

We certainly appreciate the need for updated hardware - specifically a faster GX and WiFi 6 GR devices. There is still quite a lot of work o be done but, I can assure you, the community's pleas for new hardware are not going unheard on the Meraki Go team. If there are any pertinent updates to share, you can find them on our main website under product announcements, and we'll be sure to drop a line or two here in the community when new products are launched.

delfuego
Getting noticed

Thanks for the update. We also realize how hard it is to get equipment in customer hands lately. Please let us know!