Two ISP Connections

SOLVED
mmickells
Conversationalist

Two ISP Connections

I’m working with a customer who recently took over a previous business that needed a network overhaul.

I’ve installed a GX20 Firewall, a couple of switches and some access points. So far the corporate network is working great.

My customer ended up getting a second ISP connection installed just for customers to use. I’d like to use the existing switches and access points with the second ISP connection since we have already ran the network cables for the AP’s.

My issue is that it doesn’t appear that the GX20 does not allow for more than one WAN connection. Would it be possible to install a new GX20 firewall for the second ISP connection and still be able to use the existing switches and AP’s?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't speak much to the Meraki Go portfolio but if you can support more than one VLAN on your switches/AP's you could terminate another VLAN on the second firewall that is connected to the other ISP.  You won't be able to dynamically swap between the two btw.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't speak much to the Meraki Go portfolio but if you can support more than one VLAN on your switches/AP's you could terminate another VLAN on the second firewall that is connected to the other ISP.  You won't be able to dynamically swap between the two btw.

mmickells
Conversationalist

Thanks for getting back to me. So if I’m understanding correctly I would create a VLAN on a new GX20, then connect new firewall to a switch port using the same VLAN, lastly create a SSID which also uses the same VLAN? Am I understanding correctly?

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes that sounds right.  You basically are running two separate networks that are segmented in a vlan each and they each have their own firewall towards the internet.

mmickells
Conversationalist

Fantastic, thank you!