Tenant Requiring MFA. MFA Already enabled.

Franco244
Getting noticed

Tenant Requiring MFA. MFA Already enabled.

My account already has MFA enabled on the account. Whenever I try to login I get prompted to enable MFA, which I go through the process. Upon completion, it provides the error: MFA is already enabled and I can not continue to login.

I believe this is reproducible, as this happened to me once before.

1. Login via your credentials
  2. When prompted for MFA close the app completely
  3. Re-open and try to log in again
  4. Should be prompted to configure MFA.

3 REPLIES 3
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Franco244,

I was just working on reproducing this behavior on my own account. Thank you for bringing this up, we'll look into addressing the problem as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you are locked out, feel free to open a case via the instructions in the app and contact us by email for assistance if you need it. We apologize for the inconvenience!

I was actually able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the app, which is odd because it impacted my web access also. Not sure if there is some token stored on the app, which gets pushed to Meraki backend to confirm the MFA has been applied correctly?

Reningee
New here

I am having this issue in the web app @ https://web.meraki-go.com/#login.  The MFA is already enabled and has been working for a while now.  The phone app works but the one in the browser on the PC does not.  Any ideas on how to make this work?