Poor internet connection Meraki Go

DasVillain
New here

Poor internet connection Meraki Go

I installed a GS20 with security and a GS110-24P switch, and 3 GR10 APs for a small retail location. Everything ran smooth no network issues...it just worked! 4 weeks later, all devices on the LAN are having horrible connection speed to the internet .4 down and .1 up. Connecting a pc directly to the cable modem works fine with speeds of up to 800 down and 40 up. I have rebooted the Meraki router and switch, same results. Please help!!! This is a retail business and they are not able to use their web-based POS.

2 REPLIES 2
DasVillain
New here

I have replaced the network cable from the GX20 to the modem, the same result. The network cable is a known good cable just used for a test from a laptop directly into the cable modem where I received a result of 800 down and 40 up. I am logged into the GX20 performing speed tests from within and getting results of .4 down and .1 up.

Help!?

I had the same problem except mine was random.  sometimes devices would connect at decent speeds other times they would connect at horrible speeds.  the meragi go app would show devices connected at 5ghz, but 5ghz is a pretty broad speed range.   the properties of the devices network connection would show very poor connection speeds.

there is a microsoft fix in which you go to the driver properties and pick 5ghz as the prefered band....but...since 5ghz is a pretty wide speed range I did not bother with that and that would also mean that each client would have to be modified.

the fix I found by accident was to change the radio settings from "dual band (recommended)" to "dual band with band steering".  once I made this change, all my devices that support 802.11 ac connect at 433mbits consistently.   I did not see any draw backs for non 802.11 ac devices.