My GR 10 AP's stop broadcasting my guest SSID

bturner
Comes here often

My GR 10 AP's stop broadcasting my guest SSID

I have six (6) GR-10 access points  and two (2) SSIDs in my configuration.  The first SSID (Corp.) is broadcasted across all 6 APs while the second SSID (Guest) is only boadcasted over 3 AP's.  At least once a day, I look at the details of the Guest WiFi network and it shows "0" access points are broadcasting that SSID.  I have to manage the WiFi and add the AP's back to the list of devices broadcasting that SSID.

Why is this happening?

2 REPLIES 2
Satsuki
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There was a new feature recently which allows you to tag which SSID is going to be on which AP. It's possible that your guest SSID hasn't been allowed across all your APs. 

Go to your app then networks - guest network -settings -  network availability - limited broadcast - and check which APs your guest SSID is allowed on. 

bturner
Comes here often

The Wireless network on the Go app indicates the AP's are assocated with the SSID.  When someone comes into the building that was previously joined to the Wifi network, their devices does not automatically rejoin.  We experience the same issue regardless which SSID they join.    Also, I would like to setup a specific IP network for DHCP to offer on our wireless network.  Which devices is distruburting the DHCP addresses on each wireless network, the Security Gateway or the AP's?  Where do I change this scope?  How do I change the management port IP address on the GS110 switch?  We connect the management ports of our network devices into a Device Management network for security purposes.  It should not be addressible on the same IP network as the devices it connects (APs).