Meraki Go Wifi Access Point, try setting the wifi network to 2.4ghz only, but i still just uses

Solved
JamesO3212
Conversationalist

Meraki Go Wifi Access Point, try setting the wifi network to 2.4ghz only, but i still just uses

Meraki Go Wifi Access Point, try setting the wifi network to 2.4ghz only, but i still just uses both 5ghz and 2.4ghz non matter what I do.

As far as troubleshooting is concerned.  I have a test account for this now with just one WAP and one network to try to make the setup as simple as possible.  2.4ghz only just refuses to work.

This is for IOT device setup, most IOT need 2.4ghz only just to set them up.  I get around this using another WAP altogether, but I am trying to see if there is a bug or a workaround or if I am crazy?  😛

Thanks!

James

CT, USA

1 Accepted Solution
JamesO3212
Conversationalist

Last answer from Meraki Support.

"This is an issue that our developmental team is aware of and working on correcting. Until a fix is implemented you would have to reach out to Support to make a change on the backend of the account in order to only have the 2.4 GHz band selected."

To me, this isnt a big deal, because I dont need 2.4ghz networks, but at least I/we all know if you have to program an iot device that is 2.4 only, it could be a headache with just this gear. 

I have dozens of Meraki Go devices in the field and I like their simplicity and features!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JamesO3212
Conversationalist

I did contact support and they said/did   

"We've made a configuration change on the back end of the account. Please log out of the Go app and then back in to ensure the app UI reports the correct information on the account after the configuration we performed."

The result was they did deactivate the 5ghz radio which I should be able to successfully do myself.

I asked them if I need to contact them every time I need to do this.  No answer yet.

This topic has been around for at least 3 years and I am wondering if they will simply resolve the issue.  The settings are in the UI but the best I can see that the settings do is HIDE the 5ghz network, not turn it off, which in some cases is good enough but..

JamesO3212
Conversationalist

Last answer from Meraki Support.

"This is an issue that our developmental team is aware of and working on correcting. Until a fix is implemented you would have to reach out to Support to make a change on the backend of the account in order to only have the 2.4 GHz band selected."

To me, this isnt a big deal, because I dont need 2.4ghz networks, but at least I/we all know if you have to program an iot device that is 2.4 only, it could be a headache with just this gear. 

I have dozens of Meraki Go devices in the field and I like their simplicity and features!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.