Meraki GX50 Firewall - Static Routing?

NETITCY
Comes here often

Meraki GX50 Firewall - Static Routing?

At my head office, I have a UTM for all users and separately I want to setup site to site vpn from my 3 branches to head office using Meraki go GX50 firewalls. I don't see in the configuration any static routing option to send the traffic from head office gx50 firewall to my existing network.

5 Replies 5
NETITCY
Comes here often

NETITCY_0-1682869558064.png

Xydocq
A model citizen

Hello @NETITCY 

First of all: Each GX50 must be in the same company to form a Site-to-Site VPN

I would suggest you change the look of the network at the main office a bit.

NETITCY_0-1682869558064.png

The GX50 at the main office will be connected to the UTM firewall directly and your LAN will be managed by the GX50.

I suggest to change the LAN settings on the UTM to 192.168.0.1/32. The GX50 will pick up the IP from the UTM and it should be 192.168.0.2 on the WAN connection. Create a VLAN on the GX50, like 192.168.10.1/24, and connect your LAN to it.

Now you need to open UDP Ports 9350-9381 on the UTM for the GX50.

Once this is all set, you should be able to complete the setup by following this guide Meraki Go - Site to Site VPN - Cisco Meraki

If you need a single computer to access the VPN open UDP Ports 500, 1701 and 4500, those are used for L2TP/IPSec-VPN. Meraki Go - Client VPN Setup - Cisco Meraki

Hope it helps

NETITCY
Comes here often

Thanks for your recommendation. I have 200 users at the HQ so I can’t do what you mentioned. So Meraki GO doesn’t support static routing?  

Xydocq
A model citizen

I have a GX20 and it doesn't offer static routing.

But you can set 4 different VLAN's on a GX with possible 65'533 IP-adresses per VLAN, that will give you 262'132 IP-adresses the GX could handle. Not sure if you need that many for 200 clients.

Meraki Go is a fast, secure and reliable networking solution designed with small businesses in mind. If you need solutions for bigger businesses you might want to look at Meraki Getting Started with Meraki - Cisco Meraki

NETITCY
Comes here often

Good thing is I haven't purchased the GX50's yet, I just needed it for the site-to-site vpn for the branches of which I only have 4 users per branch. So I might need to look at another solution like TPLINK Omada which supports static routing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.