Meraki GO on Starlink

Jared4178
New here

Meraki GO on Starlink

Does anyone have issues with Meraki Go over Starlink? I have 5 AP setup behind Starlink and they will work for a few hours then go offline and will not come back online until I reboot my Starlink. I'm trying to figure out if its Starlink that's killing their connection to the cloud, or if its the actual Starlink service.

6 Replies 6
TapRackPew
Comes here often

Zero issues with my Meraki go and 2 waps behind starlink. Rock solid. I did delete the starlink router and am running the dish directly into the gx20 gateway. 

TapRackPew
Comes here often

F8C2F220-8A40-4025-B331-A72553CD620E.png

This is the last month. Any down time was either heavy rain cause internet to drop out for a few minutes or perhaps a power blip causing a reboot of everything. Very stable setup. Ignore the device offline part. That’s a 3rd wap I was playing around with and unplugged from the system when I was done with it. 

Chris7033
New here

My Starlink modem is set-up as pass through. I added an Ethernet module to the Starlink modem and that interface is connected to GX20 internet interface.

I use PoE port on GX20 to connect and power the GR10 AP.

it’s all works well

The Starlink antenna must be positioned to get a clear shot towards the northern sky.

(no trees or other obstructions)

TapRackPew
Comes here often

I wanted to post a follow up as I’ve started having issues as well. Things were fine initially, but a month or so ago the connection kept dropping and uploads were being killed. Speed test would show download ability, but uploads were non existent. I finally grew so frustrated I unplugged all my Meraki gear and used a $60 MikroTik router for my home. Eventually I decided to try to troubleshoot the Meraki gear (because I like it) and tried a new gx20 gateway (didn’t fix issue, does same thing) and I’ve opened a ticket. I currently have just a gx20 hooked up to starlink so that support can look into and hopefully find a solution. All my other Meraki gear has fall end back to my LTE isp connection while I wait for a solution to the problem. A few pics of what things look like for me. Ignore any mentioned starlink downtime. It never goes down unless we have a ridiculously heavy rain (which we did today) or it reboots, post update.

IMG_1381.png

IMG_1382.png

IMG_1383.png

Did you ever get a resolve on the issue?  I ma having the same issue with a customer where the GX50 looses internet connection and it takes a reboot of the starlink to get it back working.

I ended up selling off all my Meraki gear and moved to TpLink omada gear. After doing so I found that I had water in a connection going to my dish (I deleted the oem router and pulled my own cat6). After rectifying that my starlink is going great. I’m guessing that’s what was likely responsible for my connectivity issues, but wasn’t able to verify. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.