MAC access control on access point?

Solved
Tôm
Here to help

MAC access control on access point?

Hi,

Is there a way to configure an MAC based access control on access point Meraki Go GR12 ?

I was thinking it was embedded but can't find anything about this in settings.

If we can't, can I use the SG350 switch to do this, only for wifi access, and how?

I want to prevent access from an outside person who would have knowledge of the SSID and password.

Thx 😉

1 Accepted Solution
Xydocq
A model citizen

hello @Tôm 

To block a device from accessing the GR12, you go to Home, select the device you want to block from Unique devices. On the Device-Status page, select Settings

It will also work from Devices showing under Hardware -> GR12

block.jpg

Unfortunately the device you want to block needs to be on the list. Not sure how to add only a MAC-address.

You might want to create a new WLAN with new SSID and password and make the corrupted WLAN a Guest network. It will give internet access but keeps people from getting on your LAN. People can get a new device and then blocking is not effective enough to keep them out.

Sadly you can not give MAC based access only block devices from accessing.

cheers

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Xydocq
A model citizen

hello @Tôm 

To block a device from accessing the GR12, you go to Home, select the device you want to block from Unique devices. On the Device-Status page, select Settings

It will also work from Devices showing under Hardware -> GR12

block.jpg

Unfortunately the device you want to block needs to be on the list. Not sure how to add only a MAC-address.

You might want to create a new WLAN with new SSID and password and make the corrupted WLAN a Guest network. It will give internet access but keeps people from getting on your LAN. People can get a new device and then blocking is not effective enough to keep them out.

Sadly you can not give MAC based access only block devices from accessing.

cheers

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.