GX50 upgrade issues

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

GX50 upgrade issues

Trying to upgrade from a GX20 to a GX50. Ran into an issue trying to remove the GX20 from my account so I could install the GX50. Not sure if I am doing it correctly, does anyone have the steps that it takes?

4 REPLIES 4
Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

With the assistance of speakerfritz on an other thread I verified I was using the correct process.

I was able to successfully remove and reinstall one of my access points. So I have verified that the process I am using is correct. I also verified that my local app and cloud app are behaving properly.

I reviewed my notes on the install and issues log and noted I had to have the Meraki team assist me in get my security umbrella working properly. I noted they mention the cloud configuration was not correct. Cannot confirm if that was due to the original GX20 install or not since I did not get the umbrella until I installed the AP's which was months later.

I trust the Meraki team will chime in on my 2 support cases - Case 08689003 (this was for not being able to delete GX20) and Case 08656060 (this was wan port at 100Mbps and asked about the delete process).

If I cannot get this resolved I will send back the GX50 and move to another solution that can use my fiOS 500/500 connection and if that is the case FiOS will be upgraded to 1Gbps.

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

Meraki team contacted me, asked for some details awaiting their response. Issue still not resolved...

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

Lastest comment on my open support request I received yesterday 10/7/2022  - We have sent this to our internal team to resolve. Once we hear from them, we will let you know immediately. 

Jim-retiredIT
Comes here often

I never heard what the fix was from the Cisco Meraki Go internal team but I had to reboot the GX20 to solve a WAN issue and decided to try to do the delete function since I was in the app and it worked - so now I am fully functional on the GX50. Not sure what the fix was and I just hope I do not run into this issue when it is time to replace the GX50 for a future 1Gbps version of the Meraki Go GX