GR10 on DSL goes offline randomly

Perkinje
Conversationalist

GR10 on DSL goes offline randomly

I installed a GR10 AP to extend wifi access and manage customer traffic. I'm using a PPOE DSL connection from CenturyLink. I first demoed the device at my house on a gigbit cable network and it worked flawlessly. After moving to DSL, I started getting disconnection notices. Times seem random and may last a few minutes to hours. It is setup in bridged mode with DHCP coming from CenturyLink's modem/router and the GR10 is connected to the router via an ethernet cable. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Perkinje 

What disconnection notice are you getting? Is it the built-in push/email notifications about hardware going offline?

If that is the case, it certainly merits further investigation with the link or internet connection you have mentioned. If the hardware was working fine on a prior connection, these reports should be trusted until we can prove they are innacurate or otherwise.

It would also be a good idea to open a support case to see if anything is amiss.

Perkinje
Conversationalist

Yes, I'm getting alerts that the "hardware in your network has become unreachable." I'm not sure if this is an issue with the DSL connection or the device. I'll contact the ISP for the DSL and see if they have record of my connection going offline. Thanks