Alternativ to Cisco Meraki Go GS110-8-HW-EU switch

TRHH
Here to help

Alternativ to Cisco Meraki Go GS110-8-HW-EU switch

Hi

I am looking for an alternativ to my current Cisco Meraki Go GS110-8-HW-EU switch. Having problems with 2 ports so I need a new switch

• Ports: 8 x 10/100/1000BASE-T (can be more)
  • Additional ports: 2 x SFP (can be more)
  • PoE: No
  • Manageable: No
  • Switching Layer: Layer 2
  • Version: European
  • Switch type: desktop
  • DC

Thanks for any suggestions

Torben

8 Replies 8
Xydocq
A model citizen

hello @TRHH 

you can get any managed or unmanaged switch you want. It will work. I use switches from TP-Link, Netgear and Zyxel. GX20 and GR12 are the only Meraki Go devices I have.

If you choose a managed switch you'll have to use the management-console the switch comes with.

hope this helps

DC3
Here to help

Aruba InstantOn is what I'm planning on looking into:

Aruba Instant On 1930 8-Port Gigabit Managed Switch JL680A#ABA (bhphotovideo.com)

I'm not sure if there is an EU option or not.

TRHH
Here to help

Looks very interesting - THX. But it seems to be a Managed Switch. The problem ist that I don't have the knowledge about the settings that need to be done in a Managed Switch. That was great with Cisco Meraki Go GS110-8-HW-EU switch

Torben

DC3
Here to help

I believe there are unmanaged options for Aruba InstantOn switches.

A managed switch will usually operate out of the box like an unmanaged switch in most cases, so you really don't need to know a lot. They're usually configured out of the box to just use a default VLAN, so I wouldn't think it would be an issue for you, but I'm not an expert on the subject either. 

Xydocq
A model citizen

the "official" recommandation for switches is Cisco Business 110 Series Unmanaged Switches - Cisco Business 110 Series Unmanaged Switches - Cisco

but as I said, any unmanaged switch will work too.

THX - but I need with 2 SFP ports as I am using Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL (SFP). The Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL works fine with Cisco Meraki Go GS110-8-HW-EU

Torben

Xydocq
A model citizen

I usually don't make recommandations, but the Zyxel switch XGS1010-12 might fit your needs.

It is unmanaged, offers 8 1G ports, 2 2.5G ports and 2 SFP+ ports.

TRHH
Here to help

THX 🙂

Here is my shortlist:

• Qnap - QSW-2104-2S - (Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP - should actually work because there is support for SFP transceiver 1000BASE-LX)
  • Mikrotik - CSS610-8G-2S+IN - (OK with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP)
  • HPE - Aruba Instant On 1930 8G Switch (JL680A#ABB) - (Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP ?)
  • ZyXEL - XGS1010-12 - (Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFP ?)

Not sure if they all work with my SFP - Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL

Torben

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.