🎄The Twelve Days of Switchmas! 🎄

Phi-L
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

🎄The Twelve Days of Switchmas! 🎄

switchmas_tree.jpgMerry Switchmas, everyone! I love this time of year -- twinkling lights, people communicating with each other and connecting, and sharing addresses. No, I'm not talking about any holidays -- I mean networking!

In fact, I was so inspired by our MS line of enterprise-grade switches that I decided to write a song about it, to the tune of "The Twelve Days of Christmas". I'm off to a good start with the first line, but I need YOUR help to finish it up! I've got the first line written already:

"On the first day of Switchmas, spanning tree gave to me

A blocked port due to RSTP"

...Ok, it's a work in progress. Think you can help? Respond with what you think the twelve days of Switchmas should be. We'll make it a holiday to remember! And remember to "forward" this on to all of your networking friends!

MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!MS gnome and MV gnome were here — they've been safely returned home!

14 REPLIES 14
oldroo
Getting noticed

On the second day of Switchmas, my uplink gave to me

Intermittent packetloss causing loss of redundancy

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

OMG, what an awesome concept.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My work in progress

On the first day of Switchmas, spanning tree gave to me

A blocked port due to RSTP

On the second day of Switchmas Meredith gave to me swag from the Meraki Community

On the third day of Switchmas my MX gave to me SD-WAN and firewall rules at Layer 7 and 3

On the fourth day of Switchmas my MV gave to me picture perfect clarity

On the fifth day of Switchmas QoS gave to me no packet loss and jitter and a MoS score of 4.3

On the sixth day of Switchmas my MS gave to me HA via VRRP

On the seventh day of Switchmas my admin gave to me an IP via DHCP

On the eighth day of Switchmas my switch gave to me it’s neighbours via CDP

On the ninth day of Switchmas my dashboard gave to me a nice shiny GUI

On the tenth day of Switchmas Umbrella gave to me DNS layer security

On the eleventh day of Switchmas my PreSales gave to me a collapsed core topology

On the twelfth day of Switchmas SecureX gave to me simplified security visibility

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

🎄🤖THAT IS COOL! ðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜Ž

Enthusiast
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I know buying a fake Christmas tree can be pricey... but I wonder how much that one would cost? 😀

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bruce wrote:

I know buying a fake Christmas tree can be pricey... but I wonder how much that one would cost? 😀

@Bruce - Adam (master of the Switchmas tree) actually calculated the cost last year - take a look here: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Off-the-Stack/Switchmas-v2-0/m-p/71101#M2430 (spoiler: he estimates MSRP for all the gear with a 1 year license at over $1 million!)!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Puts my Christmas tree to shame ðŸ˜€

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

kYutobi_0-1608125396161.gif

@CarolineS 

Enthusiast
Slobs2
Getting noticed

I know this is old school tech but:

On the fifth day of Switchmas spanning tree gave to me, five token rings!

Phi-L
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I literally laughed out loud at this one!

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

On the second day of switchmas, I cought the cat on the tree thanks to MV.
On the third day of switchmas, I've watched the footage on the dashboard in virtual reality.

On the fourth day of switchmas, I've blocked the neighbors WiFi with my AP.

Love the tree but isn't San Fran prone to getting Earthquakes? 

BC_Cyclist
Conversationalist

As a slightly different twist.

Everybody stops and stares at me
These two remote sites are gone as you can see
I don't know just who to blame for this catastrophe
But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as can be
All I want for Christmas is my Meraki stack and Dashboard
My Meraki stack and Dashboard
See my Meraki stack and Dashboard
Gee, if I could only have my Meraki stack and Dashboard
Then I could wish you, "Merry Christmas" and comfortably work from home
It seems so long since I could say
"calm down, its all handled!"
Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be, when I use the app to solve challenges from the table
All I want for Christmas is my Meraki stack and Dashboard
My Meraki stack and Dashboard
See my Meraki stack and Dashboard
Gee, if I could only have my Meraki stack and Dashboard
Then I could wish you, "Merry Christmas"
PaulKnight
Conversationalist

‘Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house, not a packet was stiring nor a spanning tree mouse. The Vlans were configured with meticulous care in a hope that the traffic would pass with no mare.

The switches were all nested all snug in their racks, while visions of cloud config danced in their stacks.

Operations were watching and I for a call, at home in the evening for the switches to fall.

When out in the cloud arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed and answer, what’s the matter. Away to the console I flew like a flash, login to the portal and search in a dash.

And then in a twinkling the config did see, a rouge little route injected for me, with a tap of the keys and a 30 second wait the switch to resolve and the previous clam state.

I sprang from my chair with a laugh and a glee, Oh switchmas tree, oh switchmas tree your cloud updates never fail to amaze and save me.

So with that Christmas saved and a turkey for the table, thank goodness for Meraki and the things that cloud updates enable.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.