Original Meraki Memorabilia

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Original Meraki Memorabilia

So guys and Girls,

Here are two of the original Meraki AP's.

For those of you who do not know, the little box is the original Meraki Mini, which was Sanjit, Hans and Johns first shippable product, the larger one on the right was there second product, know as the Mini Outdoor, you will notice that both have external, removable antenna's and I still have a Mini, with a 13db omni running at my house, limited facilities, but works 🙂

So the big question is who knows what the large, grey box is ? (If I was able I would offer a prize to the first correct answer)

Enjoy

Gary

diBkjGjJS92Pvz4eNYFhUQ.jpg

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
9 REPLIES 9
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Something to do with solar power?

Sorry guys, nothing to do with Solar.

If no one gets it by Monday I’ll give you another clue - but one for now is - it it needs an antenna to function 🙂
CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~

Man, my Google-Fu is failing me here. It doesn't look like any of the early outdoor MR's (58, 66, or 62) and I can't find anything that has those screws/bolts around the outside like that. 

But, I'm currently stranded in Pearson airport in Toronto for the next 5 hours so this might just be the challenge I need to get me through the night!

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Enjoy, but you are on the right track 🙂
CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

A repeater?

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

So as no one guessed what the big box to the left is I'll tell you:

Its the "a" hardware test Access Point for when eventually became the MR58, I think only 5 where made and I had two, whats amazing is it still works. 🙂

Thats go to be worth some "kudos" 🙂

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP

Booooo Cheater! 😛

That's really cool though. neat piece of Meraki history you got there.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I thought ya'll might enjoy some photos from the Meraki Museum here at HQ.Anyone know what this is? I don't :-)Anyone know what this is? I don't 🙂

Meraki SolarMeraki Solar
IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.