Meraki Support Phone Queue wait times to get answered

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Meraki Support Phone Queue wait times to get answered

In the past Meraki support has been great in AUS with wait time with a max of 10 minutes.

In the past 3 months the wait times are ridiculous.    out of 10 calls I have had to wait 30 minutes + to get through.

This is all unchangeable time to the client and just wasting partners time.

this issue needs to be fixed urgently  how can we get network down emergency's fixed quickly if wait have to wait 30+ min just to get through.

17 REPLIES 17
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have to concurr.  I don't ring support that often, but the response time is typically not that good.

Here is the USA it is pretty good, and anytime it goes over 5 minutes it ends up rerouting me to someone on the other side of the globe (based on their accent). Never seen it go over 5 minutes myself though.

If language is an issue, then I could see why they don't fail-over to USA resources, but I know NZ is English so that seems a tad strange to me.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
AN
Conversationalist

I'm currently on hold for North America tech support. So far I'm at 1 hour and 34 minutes of listening to a loop of music.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AN  That doesn't sound good, you might be quickier in opening a supprot ticket. I would also let your account manager know as you should not be waiting that long for someone to anwer a support call. 

SaravanenG
Conversationalist

Meraki support hotline wait time hasn't improved at all in the past 4 years. I still had to wait 20+ minutes on their Australia/Asia-Pacific line before someone picks up the call.

It's now 9/15/21 and twice in 2 days I've had to call Support with hold times between 30-90 minutes.   

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

It is getting worse...  30+ minutes every time lately just to get through on the phone   1 day via support portal even when set to high.   My last call to get failed hardware replaced the engineer went off shift when I finished the call and did not even process the RMA.   Had to wait till that engineer to come back on shift for the RMA to be processed.   I don't expect  this from cisco.  I remember 20 years ago when cisco support was the gold standard not any more...

Had a record today   100 Minutes  to get through to agent  for a simple  "Unable to get configuration"   Medical clinic down for 100 minutes.   Meraki what are you doing ? if you have more bugs like this that require support then you need to get more staff.   I am finding more downsides of cloud managed.  If the cloud fails and you cannot get support you have a silver brick on site and it is useless,  I hate letting my customers down like this.  Remember this is "Cisco" Meraki   we expect service if we are paying a subscription.  Also finding hardware support used to be NBD but now is best effort  and taking 10+ days.

Charlie, I would say since the pandemic began, i've been seeing 1-2 hour wait times which is just completely unacceptable. We definitely used to get 10 minute wait times before. 

RCrosier
New here

My last support call hold time was an hour, so far today, I've been on hold over 43 minutes, still listening to elevator music.  It's got to be the slowest support call system I've ever seen in 40 years of doing IT work.  I'm not thrilled with this.

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

What is really frustrating 90% of my calls are because of "Unable to Fetch Configuration" errors so the customer network is down for the entire time you are in the queue. This is why as a cloud managed infrastructure the support need to be much better than 60 minutes on hold.

On hold so far for 58 mins - Calling the main number and located in the US.

System down emergency - unbelievable

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Today I can not even get through from Australia.  You ring 02 83979191  and you get a message that the extension is not valid.

Looks like I have been using some old partner number for the past 5 years the correct number in AUS is +61 2 8607 8968

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Currently on hold for 1 hour 10 min  and still not through for a meraki forced firmware upgrade that has broken auto-vpn.  Support has to be better that this for a cloud product.

I had a call with them 2 days ago that solved nothing. I had blocked off my entire morning to sit on hold with them lol. Actually got someone within 20 minutes! I was flabbergasted. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had two recent calls and waited 15 minutes for one and less than 10 for the other.  Definitely not too bad as far as I'm concerned, though the hold music gets annoying even in that time...! 😇

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.