Meraki NOW - Length of Term - Is 60 months the Max?

IanH
Getting noticed

Meraki NOW - Length of Term - Is 60 months the Max?

Hi All,

Hope you are well.

In the process of looking at Meraki NOW for a client, and the question has come up about the potential length of the service.

Whilst i see from the Solution Guide of what SLA's are available, i can't see how far the length of the term can go:

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_now_solution_guide.pdf

What i do understand from CCW is that 60 Months looks to be the maximum term that can be quoted, is this 60 months the official line in regards to official upfront pricing and term that can be presented as a price?

Anything beyond 60 months is not possible?

Thanks

Ian

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @IanH , I’ve looked in CCW also. Skus only go up to 60 months. Not like a switch or AP where you get a sku for a 10 year license.

i wonder if you’d get the additional year on Meraki with their current promotion so 6 years instead of 5? 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
IanH
Getting noticed

Hi @DarrenOC 

I think the FOC Year Subs has now gone after Cisco year End 2020.  So this is just a Meraki NOW question reference SLA Length Terms.

So far i'm going what CCW provides, however anything official anyone can provide would help confirm that...

Cheers

Ian

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I've noticed this 60 month limit on Meraki Now as well.  I would reach out to your distribution Cisco team to see if they know of anyway to extend it.  

Things I would consider:

Maybe you can buy 2x 60 month SKU's in advance?  Maybe you can charge your customer for 120 months now and then order the back 60 months with your distributor 5 years in advance (or remember to renew before 5 years).  I know, kind of odd ideas, but there is always a way when $ is involved, right?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The chances of the sku being available in 5 years to re-order/extend?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Good point that the SKU may no longer exist or could change by then.  

Looking just at MSRP the most expensive 2 hour on site service SKU looks to be 50% the price of an MR46 as an example. Of course, there would also need to be a LIC-ENT-10YR. 

Depending on details of the project it could make sense to order cold spares for each location or one per n sites in a certain geographical area. Labor would still be needed, but that are national outfits that could be contracted for that. 

There is probably a size and price point of a project requiring 10 years of same day on site hardware with labor that this could pencil out. Conversely, it probably does not make sense for a sufficiently small project. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.