Eliudprom
Comes here often

Meraki Master and CMNA Certification

hello guys, how can i apply for both CMNA and Meraki Master? i am CMNO Holder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@WadeAlsup is correct, and CMNO is the only customer-facing Meraki certification at this time.  CMNA is an internal certification program for Cisco and Partner SEs only.  The next level is Meraki Champions (the internal Cisco SE certification) or Meraki Masters (the Partner SE certification) and they're both internal only and by invitation only.  That does not mean the CMNO program might not evolve, and perhaps there might be some type of next-level Meraki certification program at some point, but I'm unaware of any plans at the moment. 

Hope that helps and congrats on your CMNO!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @Eliudprom,

The CMNA is for Meraki partners and intended for those selling Meraki. https://meraki.cisco.com/partners/

Meraki Masters are also for partners and I believe are offered by invitation only (think exclusive). 

See these threads: 

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Off-the-Stack/Meraki-Certifications/m-p/450

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Off-the-Stack/Meraki-Masters-how-can-I-earn-an-invitation/m-p/601

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

thank you for you feed back.
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@WadeAlsup is correct, and CMNO is the only customer-facing Meraki certification at this time.  CMNA is an internal certification program for Cisco and Partner SEs only.  The next level is Meraki Champions (the internal Cisco SE certification) or Meraki Masters (the Partner SE certification) and they're both internal only and by invitation only.  That does not mean the CMNO program might not evolve, and perhaps there might be some type of next-level Meraki certification program at some point, but I'm unaware of any plans at the moment. 

Hope that helps and congrats on your CMNO!

okay i got. does it mean there is no other certification of meraki rather than cmno on client side?

@Eliudprom, correct. At this time, CMNO is the only User/Admin certification for Meraki products. However, I'd like to think they will have more or add-on certifications in the future. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

Hi Guys,

Do you know what is the format for CMNA? is this also a remote training session/webinar with lab exercises? Or you need to be physically present at some accredited training camp by Meraki?

engrheis
Conversationalist

Got this from the Meraki partner site...ohhhhwwelllll...

Can I just sit and observe the session? Or is there an online version?
CMNA training sessions are hands-on and lab-intensive. Participants spend 75% of the day working on the lab. For that reason, we don’t allow observation by non-participants or offer an online version. It just wouldn’t be very fun watching other people work on a lab!
Netify
Conversationalist

That's about the lamest answer I've ever heard.  Obviously someone who's never heard of RackSpace or any of a dozen or two remote lab / web conferencing systems.  Or (Cisco's) own Webex for that matter.

pitiful

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.