Meraki Documentation Feedback

JohnIngram
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Meraki Documentation Feedback

Hey there Community,

We have recently begun assessing Meraki Documentation (documentation.meraki.com) to better understand its usability and usefulness. As part of this assessment, we would love to hear from you all, so we can incorporate your feedback into future plans for improvements or enhancements.

If you have any feedback, thoughts, opinions, praise or complaints, drop them in this thread. Or, if you're shy, feel free to send me a message and let me know what you think.

We're looking for honest opinions. Tell us what is lousy, so we can fix it. Tell us what is great, so we don't break it. You can't hurt my feelings with the truth, but keep it civil--there are children about.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

I would like to be able to sort by timestamp so that I can identify the most recent articles.
Currently, I try to follow it from the Document Digest.

Topics with Label: Documentation Digest - The Meraki Community
https://community.meraki.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/general/label-name/documentation...

That's a great idea. Do you use the Documentation Digest to make sure you're looking at the most up-to-date articles, when you're searching for information, or do you browse it at your leisure just to see what's new?

My usage is active technical information gathering.

Japanese customers care about detailed specifications.
They also ask questions that are not covered in Meraki's documentation.
I want to keep track of the latest documentation, as frequent inquiries to support can be annoying.

That is also why I created a Meraki Community account to gather information.

About search frequency.
I would like to search the latest documentation when Document Digest is posted.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One thing that springs to mind for me is recently I was looking at the documentation in regard to setting up Radius authentication and accounting using Meraki as a Proxy and found the information quite lacking.

The documentation referred me to my dashboard "firewall rules" and that information I suspect is wrong and was no help. I've also noticed in the parts screenshots for some documentation appear to be out of date.

I'm assuming there is a policy in place to review articles periodically to ensure things are kept up to date? 

Thanks for your feedback. Was the information about the dashboard firewall rules what you found lacking, or was there additional information you wanted to see in that article? (And, if so, what was that information?)

@JohnIngram I was wanting to find out the source IP for the Meraki servers that provide the Radius authentication / Accounting information so that I could white list them on our firewall. 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not sure if this is the right way to report it but this link is no longer working : 

RaphaelL_0-1665156044994.png

https://docs.meraki.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7438344

Thanks , 

Thanks for reporting this! I will pass it along to the team that manages this content. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.