JohnIngram
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Documentation Digest: October 21st - October 27th

DocDigest_Banner.png

Cisco Secure Connect - Cloud Firewall Policy

Change: New article.

Cisco+ Secure Connect Foundation Meraki SD-WAN Integration

Change: Added Data Loss Prevention to Licensing table.

Cisco+ Secure Connect - Admin User Management

Change: Added note that SAML admins can take up to 1 hour to fully sync; added "Why are some pages are spinning endlessly?" to FAQ.

Cisco+ Secure Connect - Manage DNS Policies

Change: Added note that DNS API integration feature is available for an MX with Advanced Security license; added section that the Umbrella Security Module will send all DNS queries directly to Umbrella except for configured internal domains.

Cisco+ Secure Connect Data Center List

Change: Changed status for "Cisco+ Secure Connect Foundation" for Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN and Marseille to "Available".

Cisco Meraki Canada Region

Change: Added "Cisco Meraki MI Insight" to list of supported products.

MX67 and MX68 Datasheet

Change: Added note that integrated cellular MXs (MX67C and MX68CW only) have a feature available under "SD-WAN & Traffic shaping" page where cellular connection that was previously only enabled as backup can now be configured as an active uplink, beginning from MX16.2+ versions.

AnyConnect on the MX Appliance

Change: Added note that stateless high availability and WAN failover are supported with AnyConnect on the MX; added statement about minimum firmware versions required (for MX64(W) and MX65(W), the firmware version must be 17.6+, and for all other supported models, the latest MX-16 firmware).

Troubleshooting MTU Issues

Change: Added note that the MTU value on the LAN-side of the MX is also 1500.

Security Center

Change: Added section "Reporting".

MS130 Datasheet

Change: Added section "Licensing".

MS350 Overview and Specifications

Change: Added note to refer to the MS Family Datasheet for more details around compatible SKUs for power supplies, stacking cables, redundant fans etc for different switch models.

Switch Port View

Change: Extended article introduction.

Alternate Management Interface on MS Devices

Change: Added note that the AMI VLAN should not be the same as the Management VLAN configured on any of the switches (the LAN IP VLAN on the switch details page) or for the network (via Switching > Switch settings > VLAN configuration).

Packet Captures and Port Mirroring on the MS Switch

Change: Added section "Port Mirror Egress Modes".

Splash Page Traffic Flow and Troubleshooting

Change: Added section "Splash Page Loads but Post-Splash URL Doesn't On Android".

CW9166D1 Installation Guide

Change: Added sections "Drop Ceiling Mount using T-Rail Mount attachment" and "LED Indicators and Run Dark Mode".

Gen3 Meraki MV Mounting Options and Guidelines

Change: Added "MA-MNT-MV-11" to list of compatible accessories for the corner mount (MA-MNT-MV-88).

MV63 Installation Guide

MV93 Installation Guide

Change: Added section "Factory Reset Button".

Meraki Vision Portal Changelog

Change: Added release notes for up to v1.14.0.

MT15 FAQ

Change: Extended answer for question "Can I do vape detection with MT15?".

Common Sensor (MT) Event Log Messages

Change: Added multiple event types.

Mac Enrollment

Change: Added note that Rosetta 2 is NOT required for SM Agent versions 3.5.2+.

Android Enterprise Deployment Guide

Change: Edited minimum requirements (Android 10 (Quince Tart) +; Google Play Services version 21.42.58 +).

Meraki Authentication Server Certificate Rotations

Change: Added note that Windows 10 and 11 users may need to select the appropriate certificate during the rotation process.

Resetting Cisco Meraki Devices to Factory Defaults

Change: Added description for the MV63 factory default button location.

Device Uptime

Change: Added more information for getOrganizationDevicesBootsHistory and getOrganizationDevicesAvailabilitiesChangeHistory.

Meraki MS Subscription Licensing

Change: Added C9300 models.

Meraki Z Subscription Licensing

Change: Added Z1-HW.

Meraki End-of-Life (EOL) Products and Dates

Change: Added note that if the SKU of a product is not shown below, then the announcement for the end-of-sale and end-of-support for the product may not have been made yet.

Information for Cisco Meraki for Government users

Change: Added note that MS120 and MS390 have limited TAA Compliance.

Cloud Monitoring for Catalyst

MR - Wireless LAN

Seamless Roaming with MR Access Points

Wireless Troubleshooting

SM - Endpoint Management

Change: Added references to free online training courses on the Meraki Learning Hub.

6 Replies 6
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

Documentation Digest is very helpful in tracking information.
So I subscribe to "Label: Documentation Digest". But I don't receive any notification by email.
Does subscribing to the "Label" not work?

Leinad77
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

I will send you a DM to troubleshoot this. You'll find DMs in the envelope icon in the upper right-hand corner of the navigation bar (see screenshot).

DM.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm just looking over:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting_MT... 

"If your packet is traversing over Auto VPN, you will need to account for up to 69 bytes of overhead when determining MTU size (the overhead size will vary depending on the packet size)."

I note there has been a recent change for AutoVPN overhead in 18.107.6.

"AutoVPN transmissions between peers which are running firmware versions 18.1 and later will consume an additional 4 bytes of overhead, totaling up to 68 bytes."

I wonder if the 69 bytes in the trouble shooting document is still correct.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is.  

Opened a ticket 1 week ago. The response was something like  : I can't tell you in what circumstances it will use 69 bytes. Sometimes it is 62,63,64,68 or 69 bytes.  Even us we have no clue.

#rant of the day.

Reason #2391 why I hate MXs. 

@RaphaelL 

The engineer that handled your case passed along feedback asking us to clarify this behavior. We have it in our queue and will engage with our product team to see if we can get something a little more informative documented. 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can't wait ! Because frankly I didn't get any from that case

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.