CMNA - CMSS Certifications - Who's studying for them?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

CMNA - CMSS Certifications - Who's studying for them?

Good evening all, how we all doing?

Would appreciate the communities feedback on a couple of queries:

- Firstly, how many of you are studying for the above Certifications and why?  CMNA seemed to be focused on the Meraki Partner community and CMNO for the end user, that still the case?

- For CMSS how many are simply ploughing through the Meraki online documentation or are you also building home/work labs to learn from?

Thanks in advance.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

CMNO is on my list of things to do. 

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@BlakeRichardson So the CMNO course was actually ended, but ECMS1 is meant to be its replacement!

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here

@MeredithW  I did wonder that, I thought it didn't sound right but didn't have time to check 😂

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Also! Some new-ish study materials were added to our CMSS page:

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That’s my focus @MeredithW , the ECMS lab supplement when bundled is a fair few bucks. 

Are candidates pulling these labs together or relying solely on reading and past experience?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DarrenOC wrote:

That’s my focus @MeredithW , the ECMS lab supplement when bundled is a fair few bucks. 

Are candidates pulling these labs together or relying solely on reading and past experience?

For me it was a combination of all the above:

- Very much reading in the documentation

- Labbing things I did not remember

- more reading on things I can not do in Labs (for example active-active DC, I have not enough equipment for that).

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

My goal for 2021-2022 is to obtain this. CMSS📗💚

Enthusiast
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.