Meraki Z3 VPN

Merakiboi32
Conversationalist

Meraki Z3 VPN

I have Z3s at multiple remote sites. I need to be able to VPN into these remote sites from my home. I am trying to configure Client to Site VPN but have not been able to get it working. My question is, do the Z3s even support Client to Site VPN in the way that I am trying to implement it? If the Z3s do not support it, would it be possible to achieve this instead by configuring Site to Site VPN, and connecting to one of our spare Z3s while I am at home? I believe I could do this, but I would just need to change my home's Z3 template every time I needed to VPN into a new site. 

Hope this makes sense, and that I am not severely misunderstanding the capabilities of the Z3. 

3 Replies 3
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

Are you talking about Client VPN (L2TP or AnyConnect SSL-VPN)? (It's not Site-to-Site VPN.)

I have a Z3.
I have confirmed that Client VPN feature can be enabled for non-template.
I haven't checked to see if Client VPN actually works because I haven't made it accessible directly from the Internet.

Z3_Client_VPN.jpg

Merakiboi32
Conversationalist

I appreciate your reply.

I am trying to configure L2TP VPN. I can only configure this when editing or creating a new template.

Merakiboi32_0-1660004066494.png

After the template has been applied, there are no settings in Teleworker gateway that allow me to configure this, or look at it per Network. The option only exists in the templates. Which makes me think that it is not supported.

Merakiboi32_1-1660004283623.png

Except for device-specific settings and so on, the settings menu is basically displayed on the Template side when a Template is used.

(It may not appear in the menu on the Network side.)

Therefore, if you set it up on the Template side and tie it to Network, it should work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.