Meraki AP no connectivty

alehal
Here to help

Meraki AP no connectivty

Hello

Has anyone ran into issue with some AP's randomly losing connectivty and then reconnecting on there own every few mins? We have few AP's that suddendly started to do this past week. Does not seem to cause any long term issues but weird how recently we just started to see it alot more this week. Attached screen shot of the AP with issue the most. I have reset network and power to this AP but seem to do samething306 issue.PNG

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Soichiro-Ono
Getting noticed

Hello.

It looks like a setting in a place like a hotel. That aside, let's get to the point.

If other APs don't seem to have link down, I think it's a good idea to isolate the situation from the physical layer and troubleshoot.

• What is the difference between some APs and others?
  • What if I change the cable?
  • What if I change the connection lan port?
  • Was there any impact on the AP's power supply at that time? (PoE or external power supply)

It is necessary to investigate the cause by isolating the situation from the lower layer.

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際にはkudoをクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、accept as solutionをクリックしてください。

Thank you I will try your suggestion

alehal
Here to help

AP we have are MR18 and running Firmware 26.8.3. Most of our indoor AP are MR18 with exceptions of one that is MR33 running firmware MR 28.7.1 and some outdoor ones that are MR86 running 28.7.1 aswell

KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Which model AP is losing connectivity? The one's that are losing connectivity and reconnecting is at the same time or is it random? 

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.