Downstream Router for Segregated Resources

Solved
Image_Acquire
Here to help

Downstream Router for Segregated Resources

I have recently replaced a patchwork collection of TP-Link routers with a Meraki Go Router Firewall Plus (GX50), a Meraki Go switch (GS110-8), and 4 Meraki Go Wifi 6 Access Points.  Everything is working well so far, and the 4 WiFi access points are giving us a consolidated wireless network available throughout our site.  I am trying to eliminate all the TP-Link routers from the network.  Here's what I'd like to do:

I have a TP-Link router currently plugged into one of the LAN ports of the GX50.  This router serves as a downstream network to segregate more sensitive resources that only a subset of users need access to.  The WAN port of the TP-Link I want to replace has an IP of 10.1.10.100 (Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0), and provides DHCP services for its LAN network of 192.168.11.x (Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0).  The TP-Link router also broadcasts a separate WiFi network for the 192.168.11.x LAN network.  I was planning on adding another Meraki Go WiFi 6 access point connected to the LAN port of this other downstream router.  I assumed that I just needed to buy an additional GX50 and add it into the Meraki Go configuration, but the interface says I can only have one GX50.

Perhaps I am not conceptualizing this correctly.  How can I accomplish this, or do I just need to leave the TP-Link router in place because it can't be done with the Meraki Go hardware? 

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is a specific community for Meraki GO.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is a specific community for Meraki GO.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you.  I have moved the question and follow-up conversation to that community.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.