Discrepancies in Client Usage data on Health tab

simpsonj
New here

Discrepancies in Client Usage data on Health tab

Good day,
I am noticing a major difference in data usage of the same client if I select - Network Wide -> Monitor -> Clients.

If I select Clients -> all -> for the last 30 days I see a client using 29.52GB however if I change this to he following Clients -> only security appliance clients -> for the last 30 days its shows the same client using 51.19GB (the client is an iPhone). This is the same for every client but just using this one as an example.

Can anyone please explain why the huge difference?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Usage sent and received numbers relate to the selected time interval next to the graph at the bottom of the page. These numbers are updated periodically with the cloud controller and are compounded between disconnects and reconnects. 

Note: Depending on the selected time interval, the Client Usage can take around 20 minutes to be compounded and displayed on Dashboard.

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I see that you asked this question a week ago, was support able to assist you?

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.