Making LAN IP 'public'

Solved
ClayC
New here

Making LAN IP 'public'

Hi - 

I am very new to this.

I need to get a webcam from local network to a Public IP to stream to 3rd party host.

My ISP provides 5 P2P IP's - which are all used - and 5 LAN IP's - all available to use.

I have a MX250 and I have the webcam IP forwarded to a LAN IP and can reach on my network.  How can I get that LAN IP to my camera host?

Much Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If I understood correct you need access this camera via Internet, so you need to create a NAT. Take a look on Meraki documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX#...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If I understood correct you need access this camera via Internet, so you need to create a NAT. Take a look on Meraki documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX#...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure what you mean with your setup.

What is important that you can only use NAT forwarding if the NAT IP's your ISP gives you are in the same subnet as the WAN interface of your MX.  Then you can use port forwarding or 1 to 1 or 1 to many NAT.

However if your provider tries to route some separate set of IP's towards your MX that are not in that subnet, that won't work.  Then you need the router in front of your Meraki also doing NAT towards the same subnet.

If you didn't get my explanation let me give some examples.

If the subnet between your provider modem/router is 11.12.13.0/29 and that router IP is 11.12.13.1 and your MX is 11.12.13.2 you can still use 11.12.13.3-6 to NAT towards devices behind your MX.  However if that provider tries to route 11.20.30.0/28 towards your MX at 11.12.13.2 that won't work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.