iOS Non-Compliant User Notification ??

Diane
Getting noticed

iOS Non-Compliant User Notification ??

I may be missing something completely obvious but I have policies set that devices have to check in at least once a week however it looks like all that does is allow me to set an alert to myself of devices out of compliance.  Don't I have the ability to have Meraki email the non-compliant users with a message we set about turning on the iPad and forcing a checkin and/or update? I had that ability in Airwatch and seems like it would be a pretty basic MDM function so making sure I'm not missing something. We're using the Enterprise version of Meraki with authenticated enrollment so the system knows who the owner is for each device.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no such functionality.

Well then I may as well turn off the policy because with several thousand devices it does absolutely nothing more than cause me more work emailing those users to turn on their iPads and check in. Meraki would have to be my only responsibility in order for that to happen.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Nope. We have been sending users individual messages via the Meraki MDM app letting them know they are out of compiance on a policy. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Diane
Getting noticed

In this case, their iPads aren't on, being used, or checking in so they wouldn't see any messages via the app. It would have to be an email. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels