Webclip - page layout

jffortier
Getting noticed

Webclip - page layout

Hi,

Why can't we add a webclip to a page layout profile, or maybe I'm missing something ?

When I try to add it by typing webclip... I have the option of selecting the app com.apple.webclip and I did, I see the paper clip icon on the page layout. But it's not asking me what webclip I want.

In my case I only have one webclip installed on the device and it's not working, it's not where I asked to be put.

I tested with the webclip on or separate page layout profile, same result, it never offer me te select the right webclip.

Maybe it's not possible ? Maybe iOS restriction ? I know you can edit the page layout in Apple Configurator, in the process it go fetch the device installed apps, it's not in a profile...

4 REPLIES 4
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @jffortier

I think I may be a little confused as to what you are asking here. Feel free to let me know if I'm way off on what you're trying to do. 

I use a single webclip here that links to a URL for a web gui of our ERP. The webclip just acts as a shortcut to a webpage. I don't believe it is designed to ask or prompt where to go, just simply opens the URL to the webpage it is configured to.webclip.JPG 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

Yep That section I know, I created our webclip, but there's a profile
option that can setup icon layout of the mobile. I'm a control freak! I wan't my employees to have the same icon layout!! (joke)

I configure and group icon and folder for them and I want to have our icon (the webclip) on the 1st page. As soon you activate a profile with layout, you can't start the jiggle mode to move icon.

I hear you loud and clear now, @jffortier!

You're talking about the arrangement of the App Icons from the Home Screen Layout in Profiles & Settings. I have not tried rearranging including the Webclips here on Supervised devices. If I can get to it, I'll let you know. But I do see that it does not let you specify the Webclip to choose. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

I read somewhere that Apple doesn't allow managing WebClips ( from the SimpleMDM FAQ forum.

"Apple does not currently support arranging web clips in a home screen layout."
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels