Unable to prevent MDM removal on IOS

RonM228
New here

Unable to prevent MDM removal on IOS

Previously I have use Configurator to add my devices to my business DEP. I would log into Apple Business and change the MDM to My Meraki MDM.  In System Manager (DEP) I would create a profile that both require the MDM and and prohibit removal.  This used to work. However I've noticed that the last 3 Ipads I rolled out, have the ability to remove the MDM under device management on the IPAD

1 REPLY 1
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RonM228 If the devices have been enrolled using configurator and not DEP this is normal. There is a 30 day period before the device profile cannot be removed.

" If you’ve acquired devices outside of Apple or participating Apple Authorized Resellers or carriers, they can also be added to DEP using Apple Configurator. When you set up a device that has been manually enrolled, it behaves like any other enrolled device, with mandatory supervision and MDM enrollment. However, the user has a 30-day provisional period to remove the device from enrollment, supervision, and MDM.
 "

Source https://www.apple.com/mx/business-docs/DEP_Guide.pdf

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels