Solving the VPP APP install Cancelled

Richard_W
A model citizen

Solving the VPP APP install Cancelled

I've come across this a couple of times, and I don't recall finding a solution on this forum.

So, here is the solution for VPP apps that somehow fail to install, and end up in the activity log as Cancelled, even after multiple attempts at re-installing (VPP licenses always seem to be granted without fail.)

It seems to happen mostly with tvOS applications that have an iOS version. The solution is to delete the app from SM>Apps (this may require deleting both versions of the app.)

Import the app via the Import button (this may require re-syncing VPP.)

And re-deploy the app as per usual.

An example image of before and after below.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 4.17.36 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Justin1104
Comes here often

This was a great help,

However new issue is Apps show as missing even though they have installed 

Justin 

Yeah, this is another issue I've talked at length with Meraki about, it seems there is a lag in responsiveness. On iOS/tvOS devices you can use the check-in button to reduce, on macOS good luck, it can sometimes take several hours.

I made a wish.

I'll hang in here, struggling also with some problems above and some more.

We have troubles where users get the pop up to buy an app in the App store which is a paid app and there are exactly the amount of licenses available for the scoped devices. Some users got the app installed successfully some didn't even got it installed and some are getting this message and another some got it "installed" with 20KB app size.

Opened also a support case

Moved MDM and seemed to cure the missing App issue, Nightmare.

Best one now is have an ipad in single app mode that's lost wifi settings and no home button as new iPad.

Oh the joys 

Justin

@Justin1104 wrote:

Moved MDM and seemed to cure the missing App issue, Nightmare.

Best one now is have an ipad in single app mode that's lost wifi settings and no home button as new iPad.

Oh the joys 

Justin

Reset it through DFU Mode

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels