Shared iPad for Business

beks88
A model citizen

Shared iPad for Business

Fresh out of an Apple WebEx :).

I hope this feature is already on the Road Map for development. According to Apple, Jamf and Mosyle have already a first step implementation.

Also according to Apple, this feature requires iPadOS 13.4+

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Systems Manager has had support for that for many years.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2016/11/one-to-one-and-shared-ipad-support-to-the-rescue/ 

This support you are referencing is only intended for School Manager.

Apple Business Manager (or formerly DEP) had no Managed Apple IDs before a year or so ago. So Meraki wasn't able to support this feature.

As it states by Apple, for Shared iPads for Business you need iPadOS 13.4+

T1
Building a reputation

Can you please explain a business case for a shared business iPad?

beks88
A model citizen

A retail store could make use of it. 10 employees share 3 or 4 iPads throughout the week/month. Everyone still has his personalized Mail account or cashier interface etc.

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Does anyone know if this is possible without Apple School Manager?  I want to use the shared iPad experience for a healthcare use case.

I have done it for a retail client using Mosyle but I have not tried it in Systems Manager.

@beks88  At this stage it looks as though it not supported as SM only shows sync options for ASM not ABM. I would say Meraki are working on this.

@lpopejoy  No it requires either ABM or ASM both are free to join. ABM simply requires a DUNS number ot join and ASM you have to prove that you are a school. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels