Shared iPad - Storage full?

walkman
Here to help

Shared iPad - Storage full?

Hey,

we're a school using Shared iPads for our students. I've set the ResidentUser setting to 5-7 users depending on the iPads storage. Occasionally I get an iPad that won't allow any more logins, neither users nor guests. It shows an error message like this:

Not enough storage available

There is not enough storage available to add another user to this iPad. Wait until all users are synchronized or contact your admin to free up storage.

Waiting obviously doesn't help. And being the admin, I don't seem to have any tools available to free up storage. My only recourse seems to be to wipe the device. 

Looking at the Apple developer website, there seem to be commands available to list the user accounts on the iPad and also to delete them: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/list_the_user_accounts

But as far as I can see this is not implemented in Meraki. @PaulF, is this something that can be added?

In the meantime, does anyone have other ideas?

2 Replies 2
OD29
Conversationalist

I second this request @PaulF 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I am aware Meraki doesn't support this and there is no work around apart from restoring the device. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels