Set Password requirements Windows 10 - Meraki

user3
New here

Set Password requirements Windows 10 - Meraki

Hi,

It might be a simple question, but I couldn't found an answer...

Problem

I want to enforce password rules on a Windows 10 device. I checked in Systems Manager > Manage > Settings for Passcode Policy but it seems it only support iOS, macOS and Android; not Windows, see the image below from my Meraki configs. I tried nonetheless to set up the password requirements, but I does not work on a Windows device, I am able to set a 4 characters password when I specified a 8 characters length.

Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-02 à 10.28.11.png

When I check Meraki documentation (https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuration_Settings), it says that Windows is supported.

Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-02 à 10.46.30.pngCapture d’écran, le 2019-10-02 à 10.46.35.png

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I am finding the same thing. I think documentation might be incorrect.

@user3  I would say the documentation is wrong, a passcode and password are two different things.

CameronMoody
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @user3 ,

The documentation was incorrect. Local windows password policies cannot be enforced via MDM. I've removed Windows from that list.

Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry!

Cameron Moody | Product Manager, Cisco Meraki
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels