Set Cellular Access Point Name

JWillScott
Conversationalist

Set Cellular Access Point Name

I had Verizon assign static IPs to my iPhone and iPad. The tech let me know that I would also have to set the APN to SO01.vzwstatic to get my phone to work.
I cannot find where to assign these setting in Meraki and my phone and iPad do not have data currently. Google says to download the Apple Configurator, but I do not have a Mac, and I was unsuccessful at connecting my phone to Apple Configurator installed on Mac In The Cloud.
Could anyone point me in the right direction on where I can assign the APN and push it to my iPhone and iPad from within Meraki?

3 Replies 3
bmehta
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

I would like to know more information on your setup. Are you using Verizon SIM via MX or MG to get a cellular WAN connection? You can apply APN via dashboard in the Appliance status > uplink tab for MX. I'm not sure about APN application your client devices as dashboard cannot apply config to client devices unless it a MDM scenario. 

JWillScott
Conversationalist

Thanks for replying!
So I need a static public IP address, from my wireless carrier Verizon, on my iPhone and iPad to get through a [non-Meraki] firewall.

I called Verizon, and they were able to assign the iPhone and iPad static IP addresses on their network immediately; however, the Verizon tech said I would need to download Apple Configurator and manually set the APN (access point network) on the two devices. I did not give one thought to what the Verizon tech said because I thought I would just assign this setting in Meraki. Unfortunately, I cannot find where to set the APN for my devices in Systems Manager.

These two devices have DEP assignments and MDM profiles from Meraki pushed to them.

I am not using and MX or MG router.

jhumphrey
Comes here often

I, too, need to assign a static IP to an iPad. Everything is configured on the Verizon side but I have no way to change the APN on the iPad. Cellular Network settings are disabled and I can't find anything in Meraki to affect that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels