Revoke Device Licenses for Missing iPads

RhysAndrews
New here

Revoke Device Licenses for Missing iPads

Hi everyone,

Our shared classroom iPads use device assigned licenses. 

However, we had a few go missing. I removed them from Meraki entirely to make license space for new & replacement iPads.

The device licenses were never revoked, though, so now I have to either arrange more device licenses or find a way to revoke them from iPads no longer on my Meraki network.

Has anyone been in the same situation and can offer suggestions? How best to avoid this happening again in future?

Regards

Rhys

4 REPLIES 4
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

@RhysAndrews Once you remove a device from your network, the license number for that organisation will reduce be 1.

The key point being they can show up in the Apple DEP list (If you use this), but not in the Meraki Network / Client list.

If this is not the case I would raise a support case.

Thank you,
Peter James

Thank you Peter, but perhaps I was not specific enough.

I am referring to VPP app licenses, not Meraki's device license. When I remove a device, it does indeed free up a device license, however the VPP device assigned license does not reduce, because it has been unable to uninstall the app from the lost iPad. Does that mean the license is lost forever?

Thank you Peter, but perhaps I was not specific enough.

I am referring to VPP app licenses, not Meraki's device license. When I remove a device, it does indeed free up a device license, however the VPP device assigned license does not reduce, because it has been unable to uninstall the app from the lost iPad. Does that mean the license is lost forever?

Hey,

I'm in the exact same situation where I feel we are losing licenses for one of our paid apps after an iPhone change. The license doesn't free up in the VPP page.

Tell me if you find something about this!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels