Remotely remove management profile on macOS

jdog
Here to help

Remotely remove management profile on macOS

I was wondering how I can remotely remove the Meraki management profile from a macOS device?

The profile is set to be not removable by the user. Selective Wipe only removed the custom profiles, but not the "Meraki Management" profile. I'd like to completely remove this device from management without having to restore the device to factory default.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This can be done via the command line if you really get stuck. 

Some useful commands
List configuration profile information for the computer (Computer Level)

/usr/bin/profiles -C

List configuration profile information for a particular user, or the current user if no Username was specified (User Level)

/usr/bin/profiles -L

List configuration profile information for everyone.

/usr/bin/profiles -P

Remove a Computer Level Configuration Profile from Command Line
1) List the computer level config profiles with their Identifier ```
/usr/bin/profiles profiles -C

2) Remove using profiles -R -p [identifier]

/usr/bin/profiles -R -p XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for the suggestion. This worked when I tried on a Mac that wasn't enrolled in DEP, but didn't work when I tried on two other Macs that are on DEP. The error I get is:

profiles remove for identifier:'com.meraki.sm.mdm' and user:'root' returned 101 (Profile is not removable.)

Perhaps it's impossible to remove it? 😢

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@jdog if you select unenroll device from the command menu in the Systems Manager does that work?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.11.11 AM.png

Unfortunately not. It says "No unenroll eligible devices".Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 2.32.09 PM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels