Profile not locking down iPad

techrc
New here

Profile not locking down iPad

Hi,

I added 32 iPads using the QR code to the MDM console and downloaded and installed the profile, added the various tags to the devices but it seems they are not locked down as per the profiles is there a time delay when the profile kicks in and configures the iPads as per the restrictions?

I am new to the MDM part of the Meraki so any guidance is appreciated.

Rob

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@techrc  In the settings you have created can you see the devices in the scope list? If you look at the activity log in the dashboard for one of the devices what does it show, if you could post a screenshot that would be helpful. 

@BlakeRichardson and @techrc 

I suspect these devices are not managed through Apple School/Business Manager and therefore likely not completely DEP enrolled so that could affect some setting that are available to be applied to the iPads.

Also, depending on which version of Meraki @techrc is using that could also be a limitation on what can be managed on the iPads.

Are you using the Free or Paid for version of Meraki? 

As a new user of Meraki I would definitely take a look at the documentation here as it will help get you up to speed.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@vassallon  Yes I suspect that DEP could be the issue but given it sounded like nothing at all was happening I wanted to check the basics first. 

I have checked the devices in Apple School manager and they are not listed in Apple School manager.  How do i get them in there?

Shany
Getting noticed

You can request a DEP registration to the AAR that supplied the iPad.

Once the DEP registration is complete, you can see the serial number of these devices in ASM.

You can assign this unit to the Meraki MDM server.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Apple_Device_Enrollment_Program_(DEP)

If you have ASM, then the first thing we need to do is get your devices to populate within Apple School Manager (ASM).

Depending on the vendor used, bulk iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch purchases will show up in your ASM account by default. These vendors are suggested by Apple, so they should all support automatically adding devices to your ASM account. The vendor should have more information on how to link the serials into your ASM account.

It is possible to add devices to your ASM account manually, but it is a tedious process. You will need a Mac with "Apple Configurator" installed, then you can follow our guide on manually adding devices to ASM/ABM*. Note, there is a 30 day grace period where all management will be lost if the device is reset within the grace period.

*Note, these terms are all similar, they all refer to the Apple device management solution and portal: ASM (Apple School Manager), ABM (Apple Business Manager) and DEP (Device Enrollment Program).

If you haven't already, make sure you add your required ASM tokens to dashboard (DEP, VPP).

I have checked the settings in the dashboard and they all match the setting with the other iPads exactly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels